The online Bachelor of Science in Christian Ministry degree equips students who desire to conduct bi-vocational ministries for effective Christian leadership in the church and the world. The Christian Ministry degree implements the College’s mission—“St. Louis Christian College pursues excellence in the Word and develops servant leaders for urban, suburban, rural, and global ministry” by addressing the needs of students who aspire to Christian leadership ministry but who may not intend to occupy a traditional vocational ministry position.
SLCC has two distinct bachelor degrees:
- Bachelor of Science in Christian Ministry (upon completion of SLCC Associate of Arts in Ministry Studies)
- Bachelor of Science in Christian Ministry (Degree Completion)
Given evidences of theological truth through an overview of biblical teaching, and instruction on how to interpret and apply the Bible, the student will be able to explain basic doctrines of the Christian faith by integrating them within the context of a biblical sermon or lesson.
- By participating in volunteer service to community, church, and college, the student will demonstrate practices consistent with effective leadership.
- Having understood the biblical mandate of Christ’s ministry in the world, the student will exemplify the obligations and opportunities of biblical evangelism and teaching as a component of Christian leadership.
- Recognizing the necessity of transferring biblical principles into life, the student will develop the ability to think critically by contextualizing Scriptural truths in a variety of interpersonal settings.
- Having been introduced to a range of intellectual disciplines in the sciences and humanities, the student will demonstrate the ability to integrate a Christian worldview with general education.
- Guided by the requirements of information literacy in the curriculum, students will carry habits of intellectual inquiry and growth into their professional and personal practice.
Students who desire to maximize their progress should take courses in the recommended sequence. However, the precise order in which they take courses may be determined to some extent by previous college work transferred to SLCC or other factors. Most courses are available at most enrollment periods. Students must be advised by the Director of Online Programs, Kent Sanders, before registering for any enrollment period. You may contact Professor Sanders by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 314-837-6777 x 1516.
Sessions start in January and July. Students may initiate their online coursework at the beginning of any of six enrollment periods (Modules) per year.
*Students are required to participate in PFE 104 Ministry Formation (Compass) throughout the entirety of their studies at SLCC. This is non-credit course that is Pass/Fail. They must also have good academic standing in Compass in order to graduate.
ACE – General Education courses listed as ACE have been evaluated and recommended for college credit by the American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service. The ACE Transcript Service offers a lifelong record for students who have successfully completed these courses. The service enables students to present a nationally recognized transcript to the college or university of their choice for the potential award of academic credit. A $50 fee is applied to ACE course costs.
Embedded Materials – Some courses include all required texts and other course materials with the online syllabus. A $50 fee is applied to courses, but there are no additional costs for textbooks.
We affirm our belief in the one eternal God, Creator, Lord, and Savior of the world, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who governs all things according to the purpose of His will.
We affirm the divine inspiration, truthfulness, and authority of both Old and New Testament Scriptures in their entirety as the only written word of God, without error in all that it affirms, and the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
Salvation through Christ
We affirm that there is only one Savior and only one gospel. Jesus Christ, being Himself the only God-man, who gave Himself as the only ransom for sinners by His death on the cross, is the only mediator between God and man. There is no other name by which we must be saved.