St. Louis Christian College has an agreement with Hope International University (HIU) that enables SLCC students to work on an associate degree and simultaneously work on an online bachelor degree from HIU. To enter one of the HIU programs, students need a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
The Business Administration program is designed for working professionals seeking management and leadership skills for applications in for-profit businesses, nonprofit organizations, and government settings. The coursework promotes personal and spiritual growth by emphasizing Christian values, ethical principles, and effective interpersonal communications in diverse settings.
- Executive Pastor
- Marketing Manager
- Business Ownership
- Finance Manager
What You Study
- A Christian Vision of Business
- Legal Environment of Business
- Management Information Systems
- Business Ethics
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
Objectives for Graduates
- Context: The student will demonstrate functional knowledge of the social, legal, economic and global environments in which for-profit businesses and nonprofit organizations function.
- Purpose and Faith Integration: The student will demonstrate functional knowledge of business using a Christian worldview by integrating Christian principles in the practice of business and management.
- Management Tasks: The student will demonstrate functional knowledge of business operations utilizing the four elements of management principles: planning, organizing, leading, and controlling.
- Interpersonal Skills: The student will demonstrate competency of business practices through use of verbal and written communications.
- Research and Analysis: The student will demonstrate the effective use of information technology to evaluate business issues for analysis and business solutions.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: The student will apply analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as demonstrate knowledge of business concepts and functions, to solve complex business problems.
- Conflict Resolution: The student will develop negotiation and conflict resolution skills to be effective in organizations.