The Children’s Ministry degree is designed to prepare students to serve children (age birth to 5th grade) in educational ministries in local churches and parachurch organizations. The course material in this field of study addresses skills in program development, curriculum planning, volunteer recruitment and training, classroom management, leadership, and teaching and mentoring skills.
- Children’s Minister
- Teacher assistant/employee in parachurch organizations such as daycares and residential homes
- Director of Children’s Ministry
- Child Care Specialist in various non-profit organizations
- Camp Director
What You Study
- Creative Teaching Methods
- Human Development
- Children’s Ministry
- Educational Psychology
- Leadership & Management
- Ethics & Leadership
- Christian Education Administration
Objectives for Graduates
- Developmental programming, teaching methods, health and safety issues, and meeting the needs of the exceptional child.
- Effective leadership in children’s ministry programs that unite families, communities, and the local church in meeting the spiritual needs of young children.