Student & Children’s Ministry
The Student & Children’s Ministry degree is designed to prepare students to serve youth of all ages in educational ministries in local churches and parachurch organizations. This degree provides graduates with an understanding of the biblical elements and administrative tasks necessary for effectively leading and managing an education ministry. Students will also learn various methodologies necessary for effective student and children’s ministry. The course material in this field of study addresses skills in program development, curriculum planning, volunteer recruitment and training, classroom management, leadership, and teaching and mentoring skills.
- Student Minister/Children’s Minister/Family Minister
- Associate Minister
- Campus Minister
- Teacher assistant/employee in parachurch organizations such as daycares and residential homes
- Child Care Specialist in various non-profit organizations
- Camp Director
What You Study
- Creative Teaching Methods
- Human Development
- Student Ministry
- Children’s Ministry
- Educational Psychology
- Ethics & Leadership
- Christian Education Administration
Objectives for Graduates
- Developmental programming, teaching methods, health and safety issues, and meeting the needs of the exceptional child.
- Effective leadership in children’s ministry programs that unite families, communities, and the local church in meeting the spiritual needs of young children.
“The Student Ministry program prepared me for developing a passion for Scripture, and when that developed, my passion for students grew! I am grateful for my studies at SLCC and the doors that have been opened since departing.”
“Because of the school’s partnership with local churches and alumni, I had the opportunity to serve and intern under the leadership of experienced children’s ministers. This provided me with practical ministry experience and added value to my time and education at SLCC.”