The Christian Ministry degree is designed to equip students for effective Christian leadership in the church and around the world. The course material in Christian Ministry will prepare students for ministry in churches, parachurch organizations, campus ministry, mission settings, and many more. Attend one night each week (Tuesday) and complete your Bachelor Degree in just 48 months!
Two options are available. Students with no prior coursework may first complete the Associate of Applied Science degree in Biblical Studies and then enroll in the Bachelor of Science in Christian Ministry. Students who have completed prior coursework may find the Degree Completion option best. The Degree Completion is designed for a student who has completed an Associates Degree or Bachelor Degree from another institution of higher education and has completed 45 General Education Hours and up to 30 Open Electives. Any outstanding requirements from that 75 would still need to be completed either at SLCC or at another college.
- Church Ministry
- Campus Ministry
- Church Camp Director
What You Study
- Evangelism and Discipleship
- Christian Theology
- Expository Speaking
- Introduction to Counseling
- Small Group Dynamics
- Christian Leadership
Objectives for Graduates
Through both classroom and field experiences, students will understand:
- Basic doctrines of Christian faith by integrating them within the context of a biblical sermon or lesson.
- How to interpret the Bible and be able to demonstrate effective principles of proper biblical interpretation.
- Principles for effective leadership.
- The obligation of biblical evangelism as a component of the Christian life.
- The ability to think critically by contextualizing Scriptural truths in a variety of interpersonal settings.
“I would recommend the evening program at SLCC because it accommodates a student who is employed during the day. Also, I enjoyed the biblical and practical knowledge that allows the student to immediately apply what they have learned in various ministry settings.”Cedric Hardin