Intercultural & Urban Missions
The Intercultural and Urban Missions degree is designed to prepare missional leaders in holistic cross-cultural, local, and global ministries. This degree provides graduates with the education and skills for ministry and missions work in diverse world or local settings. The course material in this field of study trains students on how to minister in today’s multicultural world, equipping graduates to minister to other cultures with skills to help win people of other religions to Christ, as well as aiding in church planting in various cultures.
- Multi-cultural and/or global social services
- Cross-cultural church plant
- Local/global multi-cultural issues (e.g., ministry against sex trafficking, child labor, etc.)
What You Study
- Intercultural Communications
- Missionary’s Life and Work
- World Religions
- Community Development
- Introduction to World Missions
Objectives for Graduates
- The student will understand biblical and other foundational elements basic to intercultural and urban ministry
- The student will demonstrate interpersonal relationship skills of relating to and working in harmony with people
- The student will understand programming and teaching methods appropriate to intercultural and urban ministry.