Burnside Christian Church (BCC) in Burnside, IL is seeking a new Youth Minister to lead Jr. High/Sr. High Student Ministry. Interested candidates should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Capture, cast or revise a philosophy for student ministry that will support the mission and the vision of BCC.
- Develop and oversee the upper level student ministry including Jr. High & Sr. High (5-12th graders) and assist with transitional ages into and out of other ministries.
Provide direct leadership and involvement with the Jr. and Sr. High youth.
- Manage the BCC Youth budget and implement fundraisers necessary to support youth events.
- Develop a long-range plan for student ministry in collaboration with other ministerial staff.
- Involve youth in a purpose-motivated program of reaching out to the youth and families in our community to grow our Spiritual Family. Through service, events, and lifestyle – model the love of Jesus to students and families in our community to help them become part of Jesus’ Spiritual Family here.
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers to ensure quality of programs and effective use of resources to reach as many youth in the community as possible. Insure adherence to or improvements to safety policies (background checks for volunteers, etc.)
- Provide spiritual nurture through biblical instruction, guidance and positive role modeling.
- Provide students with weekly youth group sessions that allow for fellowship, evangelism, discipleship and worship during the school year.
- Provide students with quarterly opportunities to get outside of the “church” in order to have fun, fellowship and do life together
- Provide opportunities for and assist with summer events, trips & activities (church camp, CIY/NYR, mission trips, etc.).
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to students on an individual basis in compliance with BCC policy.
- Provide clear ongoing communication with families keeping them informed of topics/themes being studied, special events, etc.
- Maintain an on-line and in person visitation ministry (ex: homes, ball games, concerts, etc.) to offer encouragement and support to youth and families. Build connections with local schools.
- Report to the Connections Minister for oversight, encouragement and coordination of church growth, themes and programs. Work closely with all other members of the church staff, effectively uniting with and complementing other ministries. Collaborate with Children’s Minster and Connection Minister when transitioning kids into and out of the youth program.
- Assist with BCC Vacation Bible School each summer.
- Lead and coordinate Youth Sundays typically held on the months with a 5th Sunday.
- Pick one additional ministry area that fits your passions and skill set: ex: leading worship on some Sundays, leading an adult group, shepherding or visiting people in hospitals/nursing homes, leading mission trips, organizing community outreach events, following up with newcomers, assisting with BCC’s online presence, etc.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, bi-monthly board meetings and monthly elders meetings.
- Pitch in, ensure church facilities are cleaned up after youth events.
- Be a part of the team – all other duties as assigned
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com