WORSHIP MINSTER POSITION
First Christian Church of Herrin, Illinois is seeking the immediate hire of our next Worship Minister. We are dedicated to the proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We believe we are called by God to fulfill three areas of ministry in our church. Reaching people where they are in their lives, Connecting them to Jesus and the local body through discipleship, and Serving everyone at every turn as we go into the world. Every ministry that we have at FCCH is looked at through the filter of REACH/CONNECT/SERVE.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
The position of Worship Minister would be to work alongside the Lead Minister in preparing and directing everyone who enters our doors in our services to an encounter with God. We understand that worshiping God happens in several ways, but we are looking for a gifted individual to lead us and draw our hearts and minds through the power of the Holy Spirit to the Lord in song. The person in this position will be responsible for investing time and energy into all worship/tech volunteers at the church. This involves recruiting, developing, training, encouraging, and motivating volunteer and lay leaders for our worship teams.
The Worship Minister would be held directly accountable to the Lead Minister but would be under the authority of the Eldership of the Church. With the role of Minister, you would be (if not already) ordained and required to be a present and vocal person in our Elders’ meetings once a month. Your role would be to provide leadership in all areas of worship within our church. Here is a list of some specific duties you would perform.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Weekly leading and preparing of worship songs for Sunday services.
· Weekly leading and preparing of worship songs for Sunday Evening Youth Group.
· Weekly practice and spiritual strengthening with worship/tech teams.
· Oversee all audio/video and musical elements pertaining to the worship service.
· Actively participate in weekly meetings with the Lead Minister for spiritual growth/prayer/planning
· Collaborate with the Lead Minister for worship services.
· Vision casting
· Stage setup and teardown for Sunday services and all special events.
· Be fully engaged in Sunday worship services.
· Be visible in the lobby prior to and following each Sunday Service.
· Disciple others and encourage others to use spiritual gifts that you recognize.
· Be able to teach/preach when called upon to do so.
· Help maintain FCCH social media presence.
· Regularly attend Sunday School (be willing to teach at times)
· Please understand that this is not an exhaustive list, and we are certainly willing to help and work with you over the first months and years as we work in growing together in each aspect of ministry here at FCCH.
· Worship Leader
· Gifted vocalist
· Team Builder
· Creative Minded
· Desire to Build Ministry
· Ability to play either guitar or keyboard/piano and lead from this instrument.
· Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse set of songs including but not limited to slow, fast, hymns, etc.
· Able to read musical arrangements.
· Ability to present a Christ-like image when presented before or interacting with individuals from all backgrounds.
· Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
· Must meet the qualifications of an Elder as is clearly laid out in Scripture (1 Timothy 3; Titus 1)
· Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing, and personal relationship with Him
· In full agreement with First Christian Church’s vision and mission
· Deep personal sense of a calling from the Lord to worship ministry
· We prefer a candidate with a minimum of a B.A. or B.S. degree in Worship/Bible or ministry degree with prior experience specifically in worship ministry. (We will consider students finishing up a degree)
· Must be very personable and have strong communication and people skills
· Strong leadership skills and dedication to grow in the area of leadership
We offer a competitive salary for our area, with opportunity for growth in the coming years.
We would ask that you prayerfully consider this position prior to submitting a resume.
We are currently updating our website. For any additional information about our Church or questions regarding this position, feel free to contact our offices during our office hours Monday thru Thursday 8:30-2:30 and ask for Eric.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are being led by the Spirit to this ministry, please include:
· Personal Statement/Confession of Faith
· Highlight experiences in worship
· Links to leading worship, preaching, etc.
· A minimum of three references
· Please send all materials to our Lead Minister: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Or mail to our office at 2804 South Park Avenue, Herrin, IL 62948, Attn: Eric Lam
· You can call 618-942-2955 with any questions
· You will be contacted by the Lead Minister and will be interviewed by the Elders of the church
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com