Ministry Overview: Garden City Church of Christ (GCCC) is a community of Christ-followers who seek to connect people to Christ, to one another, and to service. GCCC is a 200+ member church located in Columbus, Indiana, and is affiliated with the Christian Church/Church of Christ Restoration Movement.
Our “Kid Connection” (ministry to children) includes approximately 20-25 children from infancy to fifth-grade students. We have three major areas: Nursery (Birth to 2 years), Preschool (3-5 years), and Elementary (K-5 Grades). In addition, we operate a Children’s Church time during the worship service for both Preschool and Elementary. Each area is volunteer-led.
Purpose: The Children’s Ministry Director provides leadership, training, support, and oversight to all Children’s Ministry volunteers and coordinators. The director will work under the supervision of the Lead Minister in connection with the Associate Minister of Youth and Worship to develop and implement programming that reflects the vision of the church, involves its members, and reaches into the community.
Classification: Part-Time (approximately 20 hours), hourly position under the supervision of the Lead Minister in connection with the Associate Minister of Youth and Worship.
· Provide vision and leadership for children’s ministry program
· Recruit, equip, train, and inspire volunteers
· Grow and enhance children’s ministry as needed
· Direct Sunday School programs throughout the year
· Assure that curriculum materials, equipment, and other supplies are available for volunteers
· Evaluate new curriculum as needed
· Schedule volunteers and helpers for their various responsibilities
· Build positive relationship with parents
· Develop ways to receive input and evaluation from parents, teachers, volunteers, and other church leaders regarding children’s ministry
· Be responsible to ensure that the Child Safety & Procedures guidelines are strictly followed
· Plan and organize extra events for each age group outside Sunday morning activities
· Direct other special events as needed (i.e. Vacation Bible School, Trunk-R-Treat, Christmas Program) as well as possible mission projects for this age group (i.e. Operation Christmas Child)
· Submit an annual budget to the Management Team for church approval
· A Christian who has experienced Believer’s Baptism by immersion
· Organizational skills (self-starter, detail-oriented, multi-tasking, and can delegate)
· Ability to use Microsoft Word and Publisher, create PowerPoint presentations, manage an Excel worksheet, use a digital camera, etc.
· Good interpersonal skills with both children and adults
· High energy, enthusiasm, and creativity
· Warm, caring, and demonstrates a willingness to know and love the families at GCCC
· A great passion for working with children
· A Bachelor’s degree in the area of Elementary Education or Children’s Ministry preferred
· Willingness to place membership with GCCC once called to GCCC
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com