MBCH Children and Family Ministries is seeking a Full-Time Maintenance Worker for our Bridgeton, MO campus.
Skilled maintenance worker to perform repairs, installations, remodeling, and general upkeep that includes: electric, plumbing, construction, and landscaping/grounds-keeping. If in possession of required certifications and skills/experience, this position may also provide automotive maintenance for agency vehicles.
Shift: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Electrical – repairing/replacing outlets & fixtures, moving lights, replacing ballasts
Plumbing – resetting toilets, re-plumbing kitchen/bathroom sinks, showers, tubs
Construction – basic indoor/outdoor repair, building walls, drywall installation/finishing, replacing counter tops, general room refinishing/painting, hanging suspended ceilings, flooring
Landscaping/Grounds keeping – mowing/weeding, trimming trees/bushes, mulching, snow removal
Automotive Mechanic (if applicable) – basic auto repair, obtaining licenses/inspections
Compensation and Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits to create a Robust Total Rewards package!
Insurance coverage in the following areas begins on the first day of employment:
• Life Insurance (equaling 3X the annual salary)
• Medical/Health Insurance (Employee pays $25.00 per month.)
• Dental Insurance
• Long Term Disability Insurance
After the six-month assessment period the following benefits begin:
• Employee is eligible for a ½ step merit raise (based on 6-month performance appraisal).
• Employee begins retirement program. On a monthly basis, the agency will put the equivalent of 10% of the employee’s monthly salary into the retirement account. (The 10% is not taken out of the salary.) Fully vested after five years at 20% per year schedule.
• Employee begins accruing 80 hours of vacation time per year.
• Employee begins accruing 80 hours of sick time per year. (Sick time can be carried over from year-to-year and accumulated.)
• New Year’s Eve (1/2 day)
• New Year’s Day
• Presidents’ Day
• Memorial Day
• Independence Day
• Labor Day
• Thanksgiving Day
• Friday following Thanksgiving
• Christmas Eve (1/2 day)
• Christmas Day
• Christian atmosphere in a ministry setting
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
High School diploma or GED
Experienced in Maintenance, service-focused and team-oriented
MBCH Children and Family Ministries is a faith-based Christian organization. The best candidates will share our beliefs, values, and ministry focus.
Missouri Baptist Children’s Home is a nonprofit faith-based organization privileged to serve children, youth, adults and families. We are a leading child services agency and children’s advocate offering our services to anyone regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability or income, with service locations in Bridgeton, Joplin, Kansas City, Mt. Vernon, Peculiar, Springfield and Southeast Missouri.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.