CHILDREN’S MINISTRY ASSISTANT
South County Baptist Church
Title of Position: Children’s Ministry Assistant
Reports to: Pastor to Students
Status: Part-time Support Staff
Function: To assist the Pastor to Students in developing and leading a
comprehensive ministry to children within the life of South County Baptist Church and its neighboring communities that facilitates spiritual growth and discipleship
- Assist the Pastor to Students in recruiting volunteers for the Children’s Ministry
- Coordinate with the Sunday School and Kids’ Worship teachers, ensuring they have the necessary materials and supplies and that there are no scheduling gaps
- Teach the Kids’ Worship gathering on a rotational basis and assist the Kids’ Sunday School Director and AWANA Commander as needed
- Coordinate with the AHG and Trail Life leaders on ways to better implement those ministries into the life of SCBC
- Support a Children’s Ministry music and drama ministry, scheduling occasional church performances
- Plan and co-lead various children’s outings and activities
- Participate on the WinShape Leadership Team and be an active participant during the WinShape week
- Help chaperone the children for their yearly summer camp retreat
- Keep the Children’s Ministry supply room inventoried, stocked, and organized
- Assist the Pastor to Students in following up with guests to the Children’s Ministry
- Join the Pastor to Students in networking with other local children’s ministers concerning various partnership opportunities
- Regularly engage the SCBC Children’s Ministry social media platforms
- Research and compile resources pertinent to Children’s Ministry and review them with the Pastor to Students
- Participate in the annual planning, budget preparation, and calendar requests in consultation with the Pastor to Students
- Meet individually with the Pastor to Students each week and participate in the weekly staff meetings
- Commit to regularly praying for the children, parents, and SCBC
- Be open to other duties as assigned by the Pastor to Students
A bi-annual evaluation of goals and accomplishments will be completed by the Pastor to Students and presented to the Personnel Committee.
- Be a genuine and committed follower of Jesus who aligns with the faith and practices held by South County Baptist Church
- A love for ministering to children and their families
- Be a team player, willing to work under the Pastor to Students and collaborate with other full-time staff members
- Goal-oriented with strong relational, organizational, communication, and administrative skills
- Have adequate capabilities in the use of modern communication methods such as social media, email correspondence, texting, etc.
- Pass a background check
- The ability to legally operate a motor vehicle
The Children’s Ministry Assistant will serve on a part-time basis (approximately 20 hours per week) and shall be expected to maintain contact with the church office in keeping with the role and responsibilities assigned.
The Children’s Ministry Assistant will be compensated $800 per month.
As a part-time employee, this position does not qualify for benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com