The Associate of Applied Science in Ministry Studies (AASMS) degree is designed to lay a biblical and academic foundation in preparation for further study at St. Louis Christian College. The AASMS consists of the first two years of the Bachelor of Science in Christian Ministry program but may be taken independently. Typically the AASMS student has taken little or no previous college work and is interested in a program that offers an attractive balance between courses in General Education, Biblical Studies, and Practical Ministry preparation. Prospective students are encouraged to consult the online SLCC College Catalog for detailed information regarding academic programs, institutional mission and profile, financial information, and other matters related to student success.
- Campus Ministry
- Church Camp Director
What You Study
- Life of Christ
- Evangelism & Discipleship
- Introduction to Ministry
- Foundations of Teaching & Preaching
- Christian Theology
Objectives for Graduates
- The student will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and to think critically
- The student will demonstrate the ability to critically evaluate biblical principles through the use of hermeneutics.
- The student will demonstrate a growing ability to lead people to a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
“I love the online program at SLCC! I was commissioned to move out of state, and because I was in the online program, I didn’t have to transfer credits and start fresh at a different school. What makes the online program great is the ability to go to classes around my schedule. The professors are awesome. When you need help, they are available to help you and answer your questions. The program is easy to maneuver, and has tools to help you do your class work. The learning platform also has a section for prayer requests, and you can chat with your classmates.”DaNay Wilson