The Preaching Ministry degree is designed to prepare graduates to become effective leaders and communicators in the church. This degree equips students in how to guide people in a broken world and to see their story as part of God’s redemptive work. SLCC provides graduates with the education, skills, and resources to lead people, churches, youth groups, and parachurch organizations in spiritual and organizational growth. In addition, course content will provide preaching ministry students with an understanding of organizing and implementing church programs through project planning and development. Students are also taught to prepare themselves spiritually, relationally, mentally, and emotionally for effective leadership.
- Lead/Senior Minister (Pastor)
- Associate Minister
- Campus Minister
- Church Administrator
- Camp Director
What You Study
- Evangelism and Discipleship
- Intercultural Communications
- Hermeneutics (Biblical Interpretation)
- Advanced Preaching
- Minister’s Life and Work
- Introduction to Worship
- Healthy Church Dynamics
- Marriage and Family Counseling
Objectives for Graduates
- Students will exhibit knowledge of interpretive and communicational strategies for effective presentation of biblical concepts to a variety of audiences and contexts.
- Students will develop a proactive approach to personal and corporate leadership through spiritual, mental, social, and emotional strategies and techniques that will strengthen themselves, their family, and their work and ministry contexts.
- Students will receive training to analyze Scripture, church systems, organizational leadership, cultural biases and perspectives, and other elements impacting the cultural context of a congregation.
“My degree from SLCC gave me the servant leadership skills that are essential to being a leader in ministry. SLCC encouraged me spiritually and challenged me academically so that once I entered the ministry I was equipped to do kingdom work.”Dave Altman