The Student Ministry degree is designed to prepare students to serve youth (age 6th grade through college) in educational ministries in local churches and parachurch organizations. This degree provides graduates with an understanding of the biblical elements and administrative tasks necessary for effectively leading and managing an education ministry. Students will also learn various methodologies necessary for effective student ministry. The course material in this field of study addresses skills in program development, curriculum planning, volunteer recruitment and training, classroom management, leadership, and teaching and mentoring skills.
- Youth Minister
- Associate Minister
- Campus Minister
- Camp Director
What You Study
- Evangelism and Discipleship
- Human Development
- Dynamics of Teaching Youth
- Educational Psychology
- Christian Education Administration
- Student Ministry
Objectives for Graduates
- Students will be prepared for the role of student or associate minister.
- Students will be ready to serve youth using pastoral methods within the church, parachurch organizations, campus ministry and mission settings.
- Students will be equipped to administer, plan, and implement all aspects of student ministry for students from 6th grade through college age.
“The Student Ministry program prepared me for developing a passion for Scripture, and when that developed, my passion for students grew! I am grateful for my studies at SLCC and the doors that have been opened since departing.”