St. Louis Christian College partners with Studies in Urban Ministries (sumstudies.org) to offer a robust Urban Missions degree. Students will spend the Fall semester of their senior year participating in an intercultural field experience in Philadelphia, PA.
- Working in cooperation with the Urban Hope Training Center in Kensington Philadelphia, students will have the unique opportunity of living, learning, and growing inside of a cross cultural environment.
- Numerous day trips are scheduled to world class cities such as New York City, Washington DC, Baltimore and more.
- Participants are mentored by experienced urban leaders, living in the inner city. This directional guidance empowers participants to gain skills in contact making, outreach, discipleship and teaching in a cross-cultural setting.
- Urban Non-Profit & Church Ministry
- Cross-cultural Church Planting
- Youth Services & Programming
- Urban and Regional Planning & Development
What You Study
- Foundations of Urban Ministry
- Cross Cultural Youth Ministries
- Community Development
- Crisis Counseling & Intervention
- The Drug Culture, Street Life & Addictions
Objectives for Graduates
Through both classroom and field experiences, students will:
- Understand biblical and other foundational elements basic to urban ministry
- Demonstrate interpersonal relationship skills of relating to and working in harmony with people
- Understand programming and teaching methods appropriate to urban ministry
- Be equipped to initiate and administrate an effective urban ministry that connect families, the local church, and the community to meet the spiritual needs of the city