The Worship Arts degree is designed to prepare students to serve as leaders in worship arts ministries in the local church. This degree equips graduates in the areas of biblical worship, music skills, and leadership/pastoral ministry. Students are engaged both in and out of the classroom, participate in Chapel production, and serve at area churches. Students should already possess some measure of performance skills before enrolling.
- Director of Worship Arts
- Worship Pastor
- Worship Leader
What You Study
- Theology & History of Worship
- Music Theory
- Technology Production
- Primary Lessons: Voice
- Secondary Lessons: Piano/Guitar
- Writing & Arranging for Worship
Objectives for Graduates
- Based on jury performance and interview (Fall Soph/Jr year), the student will show progressive improvement and demonstrate proficiency in both first and second instrumental music as well as music theory, worship leading, and current technology.
- The student will develop necessary skills for planning a well-designed worship time, planning, and administration through classroom work as well as hands-on involvement in worship teams, choirs, and other music groups.
- The student will demonstrate an overall understanding of the theology, purpose, and history of worship through the successful completion of related courses.
“Being a part of the worship program allowed me to explore who I am as worship leader and gave me the tools to bring people together.”